Friday, August 26, 2005

Five wonderful years

Today is my fifth wedding anniversary, and I cannot say enough good things about my wife Michelle or the pure joy that these five years have been. Our daughter has been an incomparable blessing, and the ability to spend more time with them now that the law firm life is over is, well, spectacular. In fact, they are so wonderful that this blog has become an awful distraction.

I had resolved to kick the dialogue habit earlier and to wind down the dialogues in which I was already a participant, and I think I've done that. I didn't want to leave any major questions unanswered, but I think that I've covered everything. So from now on, this blog is all about monologue. I don't have time for the demands of responding to others, proselytizing seems unfruitful, and even apologetics seems increasingly futile based on the kinds of arguments (basically talking past one another) that have emerged recently. Email me if you've got questions, but for the foreseeable future, I'm only linking other people, not commenting on them. Otherwise, it's all my opinion all the time. I plan on keeping up with this theme of Zubirian Catholicism, so if you're curious, keep coming by. I also think it might be helpful to highlight some of the really big disparities in the Protestant/Catholic debate, because it's obvious that we simply aren't even living in the same world as far as philosophy is concerned.

Best regards,
Jonathan