Monday, September 10, 2007

A loss for her readers, but we pray for her reward

I learned from Foxfier's blog that Madeleine L'Engle has died. L'Engle was always a favorite of mine. She was brought to my attention by my aunt and godmother Sara, for whom my daughter is named. My aunt is a writer and former Episcopalian (prior to its recent doctrinal apostasy), and that gave her occasion to know Ms. L'Engle personally. I am pleased to report that my aunt always described her in the sorts of terms one would hope to hear applied to a writer whom one admires. L'Engle's appropriation of themes from Scripture and physics made her work particularly appealing to me, and I have copies of her work to share with my children, as I am sure will be the case with many of her readers. May her work continue to be a blessing, and may she receive her own blessing from the hand of our heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

I'm missing her with you, even though I don't have any good stories like that.

CrimsonCatholic said...

Thanks for stopping by. You have prompted me to do what I kept forgetting to do: add you to my blogroll. I appreciate your comments here and whereever else I have the chance to read them.