Saturday, April 30, 2005

I have finally arrived

Just wanted to announce my arrival at my new home on the front lines of the culture war: sunny California! As a new Orange County resident, I'm sure that it will take me a while to get past the culture shock, so blogging may be sporadic to non-existent as I make the adjustment. I don't think that I'll ever adapt to the point where purple glitter in baptismal font will be acceptable (and yes, I did actually see that in a local parish, along with a Richard Rohr flyer about reforming the "patriarchy" that limited women's "participation" in the Church). But several parish communities in the area look promising, so I have high hopes. Anywhere surrounded by Angels and Padres can't be that bad, right?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For new readers, question: where did you move from, and where in Southern California are you? Anaheim? You mentioned halos...

CrimsonCatholic said...

I moved from Dallas, TX, and my new parish (as of last weekend) is St. Kilian in Mission Viejo.

CrimsonCatholic said...

Thanks! The traffic isn't even bad, being as far south as I am. Real estate is another matter entirely....

Anonymous said...

Jonathan...We're so glad you're finally here. It will certainly be challenging for you with a "Red State" frame of mind & heart in a rabidly Blue State. Fortunately for you, you reside in a Red County within this Blue State. I, on the other hand, live in the middle of Liberal Hollywood, and long for sanity everyday. Good Luck in your new parish! We hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

If you have the time, I highly encourage you to check out the Norbertine Friars near Orange - beautiful Masses and a scarily encyclopedic knowledge of the Summa (at least the Prior).

Fr. JP

CrimsonCatholic said...

Kristie:
Glad to hear from you, Cuz! We've moved from complete chaos to controlled chaos, which is great progress.

Father P.:
After that recommendation, I'll definitely go. The missus is very positive about attending a Latin Mass, but my daughter is at the age where sitting quietly for an hour is just beyond her capability. Speaking of which, one great feature of St. Kilian's is the large "cry room" (aka, "children's chapel"). :-)

CrimsonCatholic said...

TJ:
Haven't received anything in my inbox. Want to try resending it?